BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Founded May 29th, 1952 by a 12-member Board of Directors, the Duluth Home Builders Association became the leader in the construction industry. Their focus was: providing a high appreciation of the responsibilities of home builders, serving the public, advocating ad encourage constant improvement, promote and protect home ownership, advocate for legislative and governmental builders rights, and create equal opportunities for homeowners within the region. In November 1983, a resolution to change the name to the “Arrowhead Builders Association” was adopted.
About that same time, the area also expanded. We have overseen six counties: Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Lake and St. Louis Counties in Minnesota, and Douglas County in Wisconsin. That large area is home to thousands of potential members (Builders, Associate and Affiliate) working in the building industry.
MISSION / VISION / CODE OF ETHICS
Advancing the Building Industry
To be the region’s primary resource by setting the standard for integrity, value and trust; we support, promote and enhance the building industry.
Code of Ethics
We as members of the Arrowhead Builders Association believe that home ownership can and should be within reach of every American family; and American homes should be well designed, well constructed and well located in attractive communities, with educational, recreational, religious and shopping facilities accessible to all.
Furthermore, we agree to the following:
- Responsibility to our customer, our community and our country.
- Adherence to honest business practices.
- High standards of health, safety and sanitation built into every home.
- Uphold and protect the right to a fair return for goods and services in our relations with labor and all other segments of the industry.
- Encourage research and the development of new materials and equipment, new building techniques and improved methods of home financing.
- Informed and vigorous support for all sound legislative proposals affecting our industry and the people we serve.
- Support of the free enterprise system and the American way of life.
- Support of our members, our local, state and national associations and related industries.